BUFF – MEGAMO presents its team for the season 2023
L’equip BUFF® – MEGAMO 2023 s’ha presentat oficialment aquest 26 de gener i afronta la seva segona temporada amb ganes de continuar amb els resultats aconseguits l’any 2022. D’aquesta manera, l’empresa d’accessoris de coll i cap per a la pràctica esportiva, Original BUFF®, torna a unir forces amb la marca de bicicletes MEGAMO per ser un referent en XCM. BUFF® ha confiat en WALDEN per a la difusió en els mitjans de la presentació de l’equip de MTB.
The WALDEN team has been in charge of managing the press call to the media for the official presentation held at the MEGAMO headquarters in Girona. In addition, we have also drafted the BUFF® – MEGAMO TEAM 2023 press release that we have sent to journalists in five different languages. The management of interviews with the media is another part of the work carried out by our agency.
In this new season, BUFF® – MEGAMO continues with its firm commitment to the internationalization of the team and has set its sights on the World Championships, the Europeans and the best XCM stage races, a modality in which long distances are covered both in one-day and stage races.
In addition to becoming a reference in XCM, the main objective of this year will be to arrive with a good preparation to the Capo Epic 2023, the mythical MTB race that takes place in March in South Africa, as well as to improve their performance in both the European Championships and the World MTB Championships.
The 2023 team is made up of the following bikers:
- Enrique Morcillo: at 32 years old, the Ibizan is already a veteran of the family, with seven seasons on the team driven by BUFF®. He also has some recent milestones such as the first positions in stages of the Swiss Epic 2022 and the Andalucía Bike Race 2021.
- Hans Becking: at 37 years old, the Dutch biker is coming off a spectacular season. He took 4th place in the last Capo Epic, 1st place in the Volcat and the Rioja Bike Race, and finished 3rd in the Andalucía Bike Race and the Swiss Epic. It will be his third year on the team.
- José Dias: with only 28 years old, this Portuguese biker has already achieved two stage podiums in the Capo Epic 2022 and a third position in both the World Cup and the Capo Epic 2021, where he won two stages. After two years with the team, he has already become a key part of the team.
- Txell Figueras: the Catalan biker has been a member of the BUFF family for two years and is coming on strong. Last season she stood out with her victory in the Andorra MTB Classic – Pyrenees and with second places in both the Spanish XCM Championship and the Catalonia Bike Race.
- Hugo Drechou: the 29-year-old Frenchman, repeats for the second season with BUFF®-MEGAMO. Last season, he stood out for his victory in the mythical Roc d’Azur, the Foriestere, and the Tramun, and also obtained two-second places, one in the 4 Islands MTB and the other in the Andorra MTB Classic – Pyrenees.
- Peeter Pruus: the 33-year-old Estonian comes in strong after winning the Terre Stérie and repeats for the second year with the team. It is also worth mentioning his second place in the 4 Islands and Sea Otter Europe.
- Janina Wüst: the Swiss rider is making her debut this year with BUFF®-MEGAMO and is eager to prove her abilities after obtaining the second position in the 2022 European Championships and the third in the Mediterranean Epic.
An ambitious calendar to compete to the maximum
This season the team will face an ambitious competition calendar with many stage races combined with one-day XCM races. Without going too far, in the first week of February BUFF® – MEGAMO will be one of the teams that will be at the starting line of the Legend of Tartessos race that will open the MTB 2023 season. In a few days’ time, it will also compete in the Mediterranean Epic to be held from February 9 to 12. An intense month that will close competing in the Andalucía Bike Race, from February 27 to March 4.
A calendar that also includes races such as the aforementioned Cape Epic, Volcat, the 4 Islands, Rioja by Race, Andorra MTB Classic – Pyrenees, the Sea Otter, Roc de Azur, and the Brasil Ride, among others. Not to mention the presence of most of its riders in August at the World Championship that will take place in the United Kingdom.
BUFF®-MEGAMO is preparing with a hunger for victories and a great desire to enjoy the 2023 season. They will also offer a greater social and environmental commitment, great preparation, and a great team of sponsors who will do everything possible so that the bikers can give the best of their abilities in each competition.
Note: The author of the photograph of this article is @the.adventure.bakery
Do you need the services of an outdoor sports communication agency? Contact us by clicking here.